Sunday, September 28, 2008

Time To Say Goodbye

I was proud of Project Sears, and I wanted to keep it. But then, to fly it halfway across the planet would involve rolling it up and placing it in one of those tubular containers. This, I was sure, would damage my beautiful piece of art :)
Also, I wanted to keep something in Libertyville for Satya & Chebs and the other guys to remember me by. So I decided that Project Sears would stay in the country in which it was made.

I had already kept the big poster in the boot of my car, and in the morning took it to office and kept it in Chebs' place. I'm sure he got a shock looking at the enormous Sears in his cube! Everybody liked it, and we also chose a place where it would be put up.

Those guys promised to send me a snap of it when they had put it up, but that snap has still not come. I hope they have indeed placed it there as promised. I need to remind them to send me a snap asap, and when they do, I'll upload it here as well.

Chebs, Praveen & I had a quick lunch at Viccino's, after which I said bye to everyone and left. Satya was not at work, but he called me to wish me a happy journey.

No comments: